Google
 
Web YOUR DOMAIN NAME
Mister Quickly and Friends: Derek Jacobi Interview Cancelled
Mister Quickly and Friends
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
  Derek Jacobi Interview Cancelled
- "Unfortunately the editors of this blog have decided not to air my interview with acclaimed Shakespearean actor Sir Derek Jacobi. This decision stems not from a criticism of his qualities as an actor, rather it is of the opinion of our editorial staff that Sir Derek Jacobi has not received sufficient radio coaching. I understand what went into this decision, as I also found it difficult trying to follow Derek as he employed various devices for dramatic effect. I'd lean closer yet as he lowered his voice to the faintest of whispers, coaxing me still closer with his breathy introspections. He'd then punctuate his story with a very dramatic pause. Awash in its silence I'd lean yet closer, our technical crew maxing out our mics in order to capture the whispery ephemera slipping from Jacobi's lips --- and then Jacobi would begin shouting in a moment of Shakespearean wrath, turning into a woebegone Lear figure with upraised arms and tears. The editors believe the Derek Jacobi interview to present far too many listening challenges. We apologise."
 
Comments:
Um, Sir Derek has done numerous audio-book readings, quite a few radio plays, and some radio interviews in the past. In the radio interviews I've listened to his voice has been a sort of demure murmur. For an example, go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/arts/frontrow/frontrow_20040916.shtml
I find it difficult to believe that your interview would make him so lively that your editors would think he has had no training with a microphone.
 
Dear Leonard,

I'd like to get in touch with Mister Quickly. Would you please pass him this message and my kind regards?

Thanks,
Tom Clarke
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

ARCHIVES
January 2005 / November 2005 / October 2006 /


Powered by Blogger